Length of Video(in Minutes):
Black Mountain Safety & Health, Inc.
This video is the same as Practical Radiation Safety, but contains extra information that pertain to non-radiation employees who are in the vicinity of radiography operations.
An introductory training videotape on the nature and characteristics of ionizing radiation and the methods and techniques used to keep radiation doses to individuals as low as reasonably achievable and to minimize the potential for accidental exposures. Topics included in the discussion are:
* The nature and characteristics of ionizing radiation
* Natural and man-made sources of radiation
* Dose Units
* Internal and external exposures
* Irradiation and contamination
* Use of time, distance, and shielding
* Description of radiography operations
* Safety and posting requirements for radiography
This program is ideal for training individuals whose potential for exposure is such that an extensive radiation safety training program is not required.
The program is packaged with 10 training certificates, and a reproducible quiz.
Our Radiation Safety Videos Are Now Available Online
These radiation safety videos are now available online.
To purchase online access please visit the following training portal:
- Watch at your own pace
- One-time payment
- Lifetime access
All online video training includes:
- Most sections have accompanying quizzes.
- Each course has a graded final exam (except for Radiation & Pregnancy for Patients and Radiation Safety for Non-Radiation Workers).
- Upon completion of the course each trainee is given a Certificate of Completion to download or print.
- Multiple user discounts are also available upon request.
For more information about multiple user purchases and applicable discounts please contact us directly at [email protected]