This product has been discontinued
(Note: The following CD-Rom Course is not produced by Marcom and is not capable of being installed on a network. And is in no way associated with the other CD-ROM Courses currently listed on our website)
Product Number: RAD-CD1
List Price: $99.00
Classification: Radiation Safety
Length of Video(in Minutes): n/a
Year Produced: n/a
Publisher: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, SHEMD Multimedia Laboratory. 2000. (Distributed by Nevada Technical Associates, Inc.)
- The software will work on Windows: 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, possibly Vista (with some issues).
- The software will work on only certain types of Windows 7 and that is only with a separate downloaded add-on from Microsoft called XP-Mode
- The software will NOT work with Windows 7 Starter, Home, or Home Premium versions. The software will NOT work on Windows 8.
- XP-Mode can only be downloaded and used on Windows 7: Professional and higher versions (Enterprise, and Ultimate)
We estimate that the course will require 2 to 4 hours to complete. It is a self-paced course and does not have to be completed in one sitting.
Description: This is a very simple program produced many years ago. This computer based course was produced by the U.S. government for training EPA employees and contractors. This course is intended for personnel who may be assigned responsibilities where there is potential for radiation exposure. This is an excellent introductory course on radiation safety.
The course is composed of 10 Computer-Based Training modules and includes a Competency Test. A Certificate may be printed upon successful completion of the Test.
The Computer-Based Training modules are:
- Overview: EPA's Radiation Safety Program
- Introduction to Radiation
- Atomic Structure
- Characteristics of Ionizing Radiation
- Radioactive Materials
- Effects of Ionizing Radiation on Matter
- Radiation Units of Measure
- Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation
- Basic Concepts of Radiation Protection
- EPA's Radiation Protection Program