VHS English Version Product Number:
V000109VELDVD English Version Product Number:
Laboratory Safety Length of Video(in Minutes):
147 Year Produced:
MARCOM Group Ltd., The Description:
MARCOM’s “Elements of Safety” Laboratory Safety Videotape Training Series contains 12 Videotape Programs covering a wide range of safety methods, practices and tools that are needed in today’s laboratory environments, including:
- "Orientation to Laboratory Safety"
- This program covers the most important safety issues that both new employees and "seasoned veterans" face in the laboratory
- "Safety Showers and Eye Washes"
- Correct use of both eye wash stations and safety showers are covered in this program
- "Flammables and Explosives"
- This program reviews proper handling procedures as well as the personal protective equipment that should be used when working with flammables and explosives
- "The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard"
- This program covers training required by the OSHA Formaldehyde Standard including safe work practices, personal protective equipment, spill/clean-up procedures, medical surveillance programs and more
- "Electrical Safety in the Laboratory"
- Principles of electrical energy, fuses, short circuit
- "Laboratory Ergonomics"
- Ergonomic considerations such as working at a bench or hood, using a computer terminal, positioning compressed gas cylinders and safe lifting techniques are all addressed in this program
- "Material Safety Data Sheets"
- This program reviews the various sections of the MSDS, what information can be found in each section and most importantly, how this information can help employees as they go about their work
- "Laboratory Hoods"
- This program discusses when and why these hoods are used, as well as how to operate and maintain them
- "Preventing Contamination"
- This program shows how contamination occurs and reviews the steps that can be taken to prevent its spread
- "Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware"
- Types of glassware used in the laboratory, configuring of glassware systems, making proper connections, handling techniques and cleaning/decontamination are all covered in this program
- "Planning for Laboratory Emergencies"
- This program covers when and how employees should act in an emergency to prevent injury, property damage or even loss of life
- "Handling of Compressed Gas Cylinders"
- Positioning cylinders properly, storage "incompatibilities", fittings/connections and more are covered in this program.