Product Number: FRPKG17
List Price: $550.00
Classification: Radiation Safety / Laboratory Safety
Length of Video(in Minutes): 33 & 26
Year Produced: 2006
Publisher: Black Mountain Safety & Health, Inc.
Description: This package of two titles is an excellent combination of training videos or DVDs for those involved in emergency response to incidents involving radiation. The first title, Practical Radiation Safety, covers the information needed as an introduction to radiation safety. The second title, Radiation Safety for First Responders, goes into detail about the operation of instruments needed to respond to radiological emergencies. The price for this package of two titles represents a $40 savings over the cost of buying both titles individually. The contents of these two titles are described below:
1. Radiation Safety for First Responders
This is an introductory radiation safety course for police, firefighters, and other first responders. This presentation covers basic information like the types of radiation likely to be encountered, how to monitor radiation, how to deal with contamination, and other issues that may arise in an emergency. Topics include:
Importance of Radiation for First Responders
Types of Radiation
Instrument Use vs. Types of Radiation
Contamination vs. Irradiation
Instrument Pre-Use Checks
Radiation Area Surveys
The program is packaged with an instructor's guide, chapter outline, 10 training certificates, and a reproducible quiz.
2. Practical Radiation Safety
An introductory training videotape on the nature and characteristics of ionizing radiation and the methods and techniques used to keep radiation doses to individuals as low as reasonably achievable and to minimize the potential for accidental exposures. Topics included in the discussion are:
- The nature and characteristics of ionizing radiation
- Natural and man-made sources of radiation
- Dose Units
- Internal and external exposures
- Irradiation and contamination
- Use of time, distance, and shielding
This program is ideal for training individuals whose potential for exposure is such that an extensive radiation safety training program is not required. The program is packaged with 10 training certificates, and a reproducible quiz.
Our Radiation Safety Videos Are Now Available Online
These radiation safety videos are now available online.
To purchase online access please visit the following training portal:
- Watch at your own pace
- One-time payment
- Lifetime access
All online video training includes:
- Most sections have accompanying quizzes.
- Each course has a graded final exam (except for Radiation & Pregnancy for Patients and Radiation Safety for Non-Radiation Workers).
- Upon completion of the course each trainee is given a Certificate of Completion to download or print.
- Multiple user discounts are also available upon request.
For more information about multiple user purchases and applicable discounts please contact us directly at [email protected]